Well I don't know how it is going to happen.. I don't know how I'm going to get myself motivated.. But I've got to do something about it. I watched the Biggest Loser tonight and have decided I've got to get myself in shape both physically and mentally. At night I always lay in bed thinking.. ok tomorrow I'm going to wake up early, eat a good breakfast, clean my apartment, read my scriptures, go to the gym, come home get myself all cute and ready for the day and spend time with Andy, be a good wife and actually make dinner... Well let me tell ya, lately none of that has been happening. I have had a nasty cold the last week and have felt like crap so all I've wanted to do is be lazy and sleep it off.
Andy and I don't ever spend time at our apartment, we just sleep here. Any time I'm awake you can probably find me at my parents, and time Andy is awake he is working either at the pool or at Youth Track. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not!! Its pathetic. We eat dinner at our parents houses. I want to be a good wife and cook great dinners, but I hate being home alone, so I hate coming home to cook. Plus growing up in a big family, I don't know how to cook for just two people.
So having said all of this I need your help... I need some motivation to get healthy and skinny!!!! I need some motivation to make my apartment a place where I want to spend my time. I need some good ideas of fun stuff that Andy and I can do so we aren't such a boring couple! :o) I also need some good dinner ideas and recipes so I can be a good wife!
7 comments:
You're so funny! I know just how you feel. I went through that too when my husband started working swings, I'm sure you've been told this a million times but if you just start staying home by yourself you get used to it with time and I found after a while I liked my time alone. As for the dinner check out my recipe blog. www.picklesnpancakes.blogspot.com.
You are too funny! Brad works grave yards, and he has class before at 6 so when I get home from work my house is empty, it took a while to get used to, but I love being home alone now cause I get so much done. I'm not big into working out, but if I was i'd go for a walk or go to the gym and then I clean all the time or just take time for myself to watch a chick flick that Bad wouldn't watch with me or something! You'll get used to it I promise!
Ceci,
I totally hear you! That's how we were when we first got married. Rob worked nights so I would go to my mom's after I got home from school, have dinner there and then come home around 10 to meet Rob {Usually either take him leftovers, or told him to stop and get something on the way home} and then we went to bed. Lame I know, truthfully, 3 1/2 years later, the thing that has kicked me in gear is that we've moved to SLC so we can't go eat @ my mom's. Nuts! :) I think the biggest thing is you've got to realize you have to start your own little with just the two of you some time. Right before Rob quit working UPS I started cooking a lot more because I found that I could use that time to make some things that I always wanted to and I could take a while to do it, then my rule became always try something twice, as far as making it that is. The first time is kind of getting the idea down, the 2nd time {if it's remotely good} is the real test. You've learned some things that you'd do differently and that has usually been the final say on some of the food we've eaten. Good luck, I know it's a hard adjustment, but it's totally worth it.
Cec!!! I'm so glad you found my blog.. another fun way to keep in touch :) Don't worry hun we've been married 3 years and I still go eat at my moms! It's hard with just two people but I cook a lot more now than I ever used to! You have plenty of time for all that fun stuff down the road :) I don't think your pathetic at ALL! Cody and I joined a bowling league, even though we suck ha ha, it's been something fun we do every week and we just laugh at ourselves.. we play indoor soccer too. I think you will learn to LOVE your alone time. Can we do lunch soon? And really go? Love you!
I just found your blog! A late Congrats on the marriage!!!
Think about the things that you like at your parents house and why you enjoy spending your time there... Then maybe work some of those things into your own home!
I LOVE the Biggest Loser! It's what motivated me to train for the half marathon I just ran last week. I know your frustration and how difficult weight loss is. The change came when I found the right motivation. I didn't want to do it for me because I frankly didn't like me at the time. I didn't want to do it for Arnell either, cuz in my mind he should love me no matter what, right? But doing it for my kids gave me motivation needed to stick with it. It will always be a battle for me but I made it over that difficult starting hurdle.
you're so cute :)
Post a Comment