Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Weekend















































































(I apologize for the order of the pictures. I am still new at all of this, so they aren't all in order and everything.. You'll get the idea though.)
What an eventful weekend! Andy came home for Thanksgiving on Tuesday, and we spent every waking minute together! Tuesday night we just relaxed and hung out at my parents house.

Wednesday I finally moved all my stuff back home. I am now living at home with my parents, sleeping on a couch and all my clothes and everything is packed out in the garage. Andy came and helped me move. I was proud of him.. I didn't think we would have been able to fit everything in my parents Expedition and Andy's Rodeo. But he packed those cars like sardines!! I wish I would have gotten a picture. After we got done unpacking we went to his parents to play phase ten. It was so much fun to be able to spend some time with his family and get to know them better.

Thursday was Thanksgiving, I have never experienced a holiday as a "couple" before. Let me tell you, it was kinda overwhelming at first. We went to my grandma's house for dinner and played a little bit of rock band and then we went to his uncle's house for Pie and White Elephant. This was the first time I have met his moms side of the family, and they welcomed me with open arms!! I am so excited for this new chapter in my life. I love my family so much and I hope that Andy and I can give our kids the same love.

It is a tradition in his family to go out to Clear Creek and cut down thier own Christmas trees on the day after Thanksgiving.. So Friday morning we dressed up all warm and headed out west. :o) Andy swears that he wanted to live out there.. I'm sorry honey but its not happening. We hiked up the mountain, well I didn't make it very far up the mountain but at least I made an effort. Andy and his dad found "the tree". It was a good looking tree I must admit. We then came home and I tried to take a nap for a few minutes but that didn't work out. We then went up to Logan to pick up his sister Amy's van. We decided to go out to eat and then did a little shopping.. I bought the best shirt possible. :o) And then we went to go see TWILIGHT!!! Andy was not very excited about going, but he didn't have any other say. :o)
Saturday was such a great day. That morning Brinlei's birthmom Jolita got baptized, we then came home to change and then my whole family went down to Salt Lake to Temple Square. Yes I know we are crazy, that is the worst weekend to go, but it was alot of fun! We checked out all the Christmas lights and went and saw the Joseph Smith movie. Such a good experience!



























5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cec! I saw your blog link on my moms blog so I thought I would stop by and say hi! You and Andy are so cute together! Congratulations!

Andy and Cecy said...

Thank you so much.. I'm super excited for everything. I'm glad you found me!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Sounds like a busy weekend but a super fun one. "Couple" holidays are a bit overwhelming especially when both families live so close but it's fun getting to see everyone every year.

Kelly said...

Cecy,
Found your blog through Aimee, I had no idea you were dating Andy! It sounds like you didn't know for a while either! :) That's exciting! Tell Andy hello for me and me and my hubby (his name is Andy too...what a good name!) better get an invite.
Kelly (Kano) Flygare

Shannon said...

I love your blog! Knowing your story-the name is perfect! It will be nice to stay updated with your future plans.