Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Motivation

Alright I need some motivation from any and everyone.. I need to loose weight. I am so sick of being FAT!!!I see pictures of Andy and I together and I am always humiliated. I look discusting next to him. I always see couples where the guy is super skinny and the girl is "not" super skinny and they always look so funny... but I have come to realize THAT IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE!!!!! Andy tells me that he thinks I am beautiful no matter what, that he will always love me. But he has no idea what it feels like. He has been itty bitty his whole entire life, he always will be skinny and doesn't have to worry about being over weight. I am planning on going to Hawaii in August and want to be down 50 lbs by then, but I need help!! I have been going to the gym to walk on the treadmill at least 3 days a week. My mom joined weight watchers online awhile ago but wasn't really using it, so she let me take over her account last week. I kind of started doing it, but I have no idea what I'm really doing. Everyone I have heard anything from says that Weight Watchers has changed their life, but I just don't see it. I need some insite, I need a support group, I don't know what I need... but I need something!!!

11 comments:

Cindy said...

You are beautiful! We're getting a team together for Race for the Cure in May. You're welcome to join us if that might be some motivation! Good luck, it can be really frustrating sometimes!

Cody and Paige said...

You are BEAUTIFUL! It's so dang hard to be motivated to do it but once you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!! I know how it feels to be married to a naturally "skinny minny" ha ha! Always have to work so hard when he never works out and eats junk everyday!

I know what worked for me was: Drinking tons of water everyday and I mean TONS! Keeping track of what I'm eating.. I use a calorie calculator online and it totals it all for you. (The website is everyday health.) And we just started P90x which is kicking my trash but before that I would try to go about 4 miles a day on the treadmill.

I wish you lived closer and we could be workout buddies! You'll do great though! You can call or text me whenever you need a kick in the bum :) Love ya!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

The best tricks of the trade, well that work for me:

1-have a workout buddy. That way you HAVE to go workout because you don't want to let them down. Makes you more responsible.

2-Water, water, water. Drink, drink, drink!

3-No eating late. Like after 7 or 8pm at night. With your diabetes you may not be able to do that but if possible DON'T EAT LATE.

4-Watch your portion size of your meals. This one is a big one because if you watch your portions than naturally you'll keep calorie intake down.

Good luck and don't get discouraged. Weight loss is a process and takes time. We'd all lose a bunch of weight each week if we lived on a ranch and only did that for 6-8 hours a day too but we don't so don't be discouraged. Just keep trekkin'!

And PS you're totally beautiful!

Ginger said...

I've struggled with my weight too! But everyone is right, you are beautiful! Here are some things that have helped me:

Portion control is a biggie--I grew up with all brothers so I learned to eat like a guy! Eat small amounts for meals (eat on a salad plate not a dinner plate) and don't have junk in your house, that way if you get hungry in-between meals you won't be able to snack on anything unhealthy. Buy "light" anything and everything. One of my favorite snacks is the laughing cow cheese wedges with crackers (usually in the produce section). They are SOOO good and only 30 calories per slice and they really help my salty cravings. Also, gogurts are only 70 calories and they are yummy frozen! Fruit snacks are a lifesaver too--one packet when I get a craving for candy does the trick for me.

I also love the crystal light individual packets that you add to water bottles. I for one cannot drink a lot of plain water but if I get these I drink lots! I bought a nice waterbottle that I keep in the fridge and I add the packets to it.

Tyler and I try really hard to only eat out once a week. Saves lots of money and calories :)

Buy skim milk, light everything (white cheeses are less fattening than yellow--I LOVE swiss cheese)wheat bread, brown rice. The small changes will make a big difference and just watch your portions and I promise you the weight will fall off even without exercise:) I never work out. But I am out of shape!

Ashley said...

I agree with everybody Cecy, you are beautiful and don't ever doubt it. Jesse is really into exercising and that kind of stuff and he says that what you can do even if you're walking is change your pace every 5-10. You could go 4.5 for five minutes and then 2.5 for five minutes. It shocks your body and makes it burn more. Brittany and I started to exercise together and that's our motto. Shock your body! lol

Unknown said...

You are beautiful! I think for Weight Watchers to work best is to go to meetings. When I did it online it didn't work.

I'm in the same boat. I have about 40 lbs I'd like to loose! We can do it :)

Kelly said...

Hey Cecy,
Weight loss is hard! But you can do it. I'm trying to lose the last of my baby weight so I've been reading up lots on the subject. LOTS of veggies...it's hard, but if you make that half of your meal and then 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs you can do it. I have a great carrot-apple salad that is great to snack on. I always buy lots of veggies and fruit that I HAVE to eat so I don't waste the money. I agree...doing intervals in your workout is best and add weight training... 1 lb muscle burns 35-50 cals where 1 lb fat only burns 2! I like to mark the calendar with a star everyday I workout...it's motivating to see all the stars up there! If you need any other advice I read lots about nutrition and exercise so feel free to email me! Good luck

Kelly said...

Carrot and apple bistro salad:
For a tart salad use Granny Smith apples. For a sweeter version use Pink Lady or Gala apples.
Ingredients

3 carrots, grated
1 apple, cored and grated
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
Method

Mix together carrots and apple in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle dressing over carrot and apple and toss to combine well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition

Per serving (about 4oz/103g-wt.): 90 calories (50 from fat), 5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 1g protein, 11g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium

Chelsea Lemonds said...

Cecy, We have both talked about my struggles.. I wish I lived closer and we could support eachother. I agree with finding a partner. Maybe your husband could even help you with being your partner if you cant find one. Its easy to let yourself down but to let someone else down is harder.

Dont make excuses anymore. This is my BIGGEST problems. I always find an excuse on why I cant work out. I truly believe the only thing that is going to work and be a long term change is a life style change. DIETS DONT WORK! You have to change your lifestlye.

When I am done nursing I plan on entering into as many races and marathons I can. I think if I keep setting a goal of the next race I would have to stay in shape.

Sorry I am not much help.. we are in the same boat!

Unknown said...

You know, you have a lot of friends and family that are rooting for you! And (unfortunately) in the same boat...dumb genetics...

I am definitely in a similar boat since not only am I married to a high-metabolism, now my kids seem to be burning the same as dad. Practical translation: Dad and at least 2 kids right now are on high calorie diets while Mom needs to lose about 80 lbs (according to the doc, whom I think is nuts!). The best thing I can say is to remember that while what Andy says says is undoubtedly true (hey, he picked you and not that long nor that many pounds ago!), the kicker is what you are accepting of yourself. When you look in the mirror or at a picture of yourself, what are you looking at? Are you still seeing a woman of divinity or just someone who doesn't compare favorably? When you start working through changing your diet or exercise habits, you first have to look at why you are doing it and making sure it is for the right reasons. Not by the words you say, but by the thoughts behind your actions. I fight it constantly, but you (and I!) can do this!!! As you go, keep reminding yourself that you are the one who deserves this just because it is something that will help you feel better...and the same when you are debating about whether or not to give in to that food craving. Just keep asking yourself if it is something that is worth it! Hang in there cuz!

ALISHA said...

Cecy! I have also been "dieting". I am just counting my calories- at 1670 or less. I once spoke to a dietician who said that many people eat to few and she wouldn't suggest under 1,500.

I also HATE water so I drink Crystal Light.

I work out 2-4 times a week. Like 20-30 times.


In 2 weeks I have lost 3 pounds! My boss says I look like I have toned alot but I am not sure... I am fitting in my pants pre-DCFS!