My mom and I had decided to go shopping on Friday and just spend the day goofin off. The day before I had asked my mom to paint my fingernails and she suggested we get our nails done on Friday while we were in Logan, I thought that was a great idea so that was the first thing we did. We found a little nail shop in Logan called Happy Nails, I had never heard of it before and decided to give it a shot. Let me tell you.. I LOVE my nails!! Anyway, Andy and I had been texting off and on all day. My mom and I went to a few stores and then met up with my cousin and my two aunts and went up to my grandmas house to visit her. We were at her house for a couple hours and then decided it was probably time we headed home, the little kids were at home with Jaxon and had been all day. So when we got home I decided I was just going to go to bed, but my mom wouldn't let me. She told me that if I went to bed then I wouldn't be able to sleep through the night and I would be up all night.. So I got the urge to text Andy and
I just said.. "Hey, I love you!"
Andy said.. "I love you more!!"
I said.. "Nope I don't think so."
He said... "I know so, come outside and I'll prove it!"
Well after I read that text I just sat there for a second and thought to myself, "why would he want me to come outside? Andy is still down in Ephriam until Sunday."
So I read the text to my mom and then walked outside. If you have never been to my house then let me give you a little guideline.. I live across the street from my cousin and my grandma.. As I walked outside I looked around for a second and didn't see anything, except some girls caroling at my grandmas house. I turned to walk back in the house and saw a light flickering over in our flower bed. So I walked over to it and yelled for my mom. There was a candle and a piece of paper.. I pulled out my phone so I could see what the paper said..
#1. You're more than another, there could never be anouther who makes me feel the way you do.
I wasn't wearing any shoes so I yelled to my mom and told her to grab my shoes. I then started looking for another candle. There was another one in the corner of our yard, so as soon as my mom came out I hurried over to it.
#2. Oh we just get closer, I fall in love all over every time I look at you.
I looked at my mom and started crying and told her that those were the words to our song, "My Best Friend" By Tim McGraw! So the search was on.. Where to next? I saw a light flickering across the street at my grandmas.
#3. I don't know where I'd be without you here with me. Life with you makes perfect sense.
The next one was in my grandmas flower bed leading to her back yard.
#4. You're my BEST FRIEND.
So then I walked back into the back yard. Andy was standing there waiting for me, our song was playing and I looked at him and said "What are you doing?" He had a gazebo in the middle of the basketball court and a fire in a fire pit. He lead me under the gazebo and there was a table there with a tower of cupcakes and "the ring" was on the top. The cupcakes each had a letter on them and it spelled out "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" Andy then grabbed my hand and said "See I told you I loved you more. :o)" He then got down on his knee and asked me if I would marry him. Of course I said YES!!!!
9 comments:
How romantic is he?!?! He's a keeper for sure! Congratulations Cecy. We are so happy for you!
way to go andy, that is such a cute proposal cec. My engagment got ruin because my mom can't keep secrets :) its was still so special though!!
i am so excietd for you, he sounds AMAZING and i know he'll treat you right...love you!
Congratulations Cecy! Sounds like an amazing evening! We are really excited for you. We are anxious to see everyone in a few weeks. We'll be there for three days when Grandma gets back from MA. Hope you'll be around! Love ya!
Props to andy...that is adorable! Your ring is beautiful, I can't wait to see it in person. And your nails look fab!
hey i was blog reading and came across this....that is so so SWEET!!
Congrats
how sweet is that? really? im SO happy for you! your gonna love being married!
Hey guys! I heard from Dallas awhile ago that you were engaged, but I just found your blog from Derrick's. CONGRATULATIONS!! I had no idea you were even dating, I'm a little slow. I'm so excited for you. People who marry their older brother's best friend are so cool! (yep, I did it too)
Hey Cecy, I came across your blog and I am so happy for you! What a sweetie, that is so cute and romantic!! He is definately a keeper! Congrats :)
Holy crap! I have known Andy my whole life and never knew he was capable of something so unique and romantic. Giant kudos to Sweetie!!! It's an inside joke you should make him tell you it.
Post a Comment