Thursday, September 15, 2011

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!

Well we found out last week, on September 6th that our precious little baby is a BOY!!! I'm not going to lie, I was very much dead set on a girl. I gave myself the rest of that day to be sad about it but I am SOOOO excited now! When Dr. Ferguson started the ultrasound we all knew right away that there was definitely something there. He finished the ultrasound and started talking to me about getting my blood sugars in better control and that is when I lost it. I started crying and Dr. Ferguson thought that I was crying because of what he was saying. He felt so bad and came and gave me a hug and told me that everything was going to be ok. I felt so bad for making him feel that way, but I have apologized and told him it was nothing that he said. We went back to see him on Tuesday and it was reconfirmed that it is for sure a boy in there, and we are so excited and can't wait for him to join our family.

My blood sugars for the last month or so have been pretty high, alot higher than what they need to be while being pregnant. I went in to see my dietitian last week and she changed some of my insulin doses that have helped out greatly. Last week when I went in to see Dr. Ferguson my A1c was 7.7 (an A1c is the average of your blood sugars over the last three months.). I went in to see my diabetes Dr. (his name is David) today and my A1c has dropped to 6.6!!! I don't remember the last time it was that low. Nondiabetics A1c is below 6 and that is what they are telling me to have my goal be. I don't know if it will ever get that low, but I am pretty dang close!! David changed more of my insulin today and hopefully that helps.

I feel so bad for Andy. Ever since I have been pregnant I have totally let everything go. I don't have the energy when I get home from work to do anything. My house is a wreck and I can't stand it, but I just can't do anything about it! I hope here in the next little bit I will be able to have more energy and get things put back together. Dr Ferguson has told me that they will start me at 37 weeks, so that puts me at having the baby around January 25th. As of today I am 17 weeks and 5 days, so the middle of next week is my halfway mark.. That is so crazy to think!! January feels so far away, but thinking that I'm almost halfway done amazes me! It has gone by so fast!

3 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

It'll go by so quickly. Think of it this way--Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Birthday, BABY!

christi said...

Congrats I am so excited for you guys!! I am glad that things are going well!! Boys are a lot of fun.

Stephanie said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you! :)