Tuesday, September 7, 2010

As of today...

So whats new as of today???

Andy started school last week. He has mostly online classes, but has to drive up to Logan two days a week. His work schedule has changed a little bit so now he doesn't work on Fridays... but he works Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and then has to go back at Midnight till 8:00 am Sunday morning. He's only worked this schedule once, and so far... I DON'T LIKE IT!!! I told him he can try it a couple more times, but if it doesn't get better then he has to go back to his other shift. He is working so hard lately trying to get the pool all closed up, their last day open was on Monday. Even though his pay checks aren't much from there, it will be sad to see them go!

School is still going GREAT for me! I seriously love it. We have a couple kids who respond pretty well to sign language, so I have decided that I really want to learn a little bit. For right now just the basics. But it will be nice to be able to somewhat communicate with them. I come home every day totally worn out, but I love every minute of it. Starting the 1st of September I was able to get back on to my parents Insurance! So as of right now.. I am double covered! When Andy has his Open Enrollment for his insurance then we will be able to drop that and we won't have to pay a butt load for insurance!!!

SUPER EXCITING NEWS......
We are in the process of buying a house! We are really nervous, because this is a HUGE step.. But so excited. We are buying the house from my cousin, it is (not kidding) right across the street from my parents, and right next door to my grandma! Its a good thing that we both like my family! haha.. My camara is MIA right now, so when I find it I will take a picture of the house. We are hoping to close by the end of the month, then I have some painting I want to do and then we'll move in!

Also.. We are thinking of becoming Professional Parents, which is Foster Parents through Rise. One day I was driving to work and got the impression that there is a kid out there who needs our help. We have to wait until we get in to our house, but then we will be able to run with it!

5 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Sounds like you guys have a lot of big decisions ahead of you but everything seems to be falling into place. It's about time! Life has been throwing you guys some punches, I'm glad it's taking a break. Can't wait for pictures.

Andy and Cecy said...

Thanks Aimee.. It has been a crazy ride lately, so hopefully it will slow down a bit. Afte we get all moved in our house we'll have to have a little "house warming party" or something so everyone can come see it!!

ALISHA said...

I think you would make awesome professional parents... I would place with you :)

Andy and Cecy said...

Thanks Alisha.. I'm sure when we get going on everything I'll be asking you lots of questions.. haha!!

Rachel said...

Congrats and good luck with it all! It can seem like a ton, but it really does pay off in the end...if you doubt it, trade me places! Can't wait to see what you guys end up doing with the house! Also, good luck with the whole foster care process. It can seem overwhelming at times, but you do a world of good...and have a world of good done to you!

Have fun!